Saturday, November 1, 2008

Deeper Into Fall


Fall is progressing, and is as amazing and beautiful as ever. I can't believe I've forgotten how awesome fall is after not having it for seven years.

Most all of the leaves on the trees have changed. There are still a few green holdouts, but it adds to the colors, so it's kinda nice. A lot of the leaves are falling off the trees and color the ground with yellows and reds. They crunch when you walk through them.

I just had a quintessential Oregon Fall walk. The weather is cloudy and foggy. At times I almost feel that I am inside a cloud. It is wet outside because it has been raining, but no rain is actually falling. The temperature is prefect, probably in the 50s. The gray weather actually makes the fall colors more brilliant. It is a quiet Saturday evening with hardly any cars and very few people passing me on my walk. The sound of the leaves falling off the trees and landing on houses and yards and cars is almost like the sound of rain. The leaves don't crunch too much when Ika and I walk through them because they are wet, but they make a lovely sound nontheless. I can smell the smoke of wood burning fires coming through people's chimneys. When I walk by other houses I can smell the delicious sent of Saturday dinner.

It was so lovely and peaceful and put me in a beautiful calm state. I was loving it! To top it all off, Ika was being a very good girl - I think maybe she was soaking in the beauty and peacfulness of it too.

1 comment:

Tom Campbell said...

Beautiful pictures Amanda and I like the use of the word "quintessential"